The Shri Yantra - Powerful Occult Symbol..
The old Occult symbol above is called a Yantra – the Shri Yantra. It was and is still commonly used today as a visual meditation tool. Simply by meditating on this symbol for a while it is said to open doors in the consciousness and bring in energy..
The Shri Yantra is one occult symbol that has also been classified as a sacred geometric symbol because when the mind looks at it for while the mind shifts to its geometric shape. The symmetrical aspect allows locking the mind to the image, which in turn allows thoughts to drift by more easily whilst allowing a more deeper connection in meditation..
Symbolic Occult Meaning..
The symbol originates as an old hindu symbol…
The nine triangles within the sybol are interlaced in such a way as to form 43 smaller triangles in a web symbolic of the entire cosmos or a womb symbolic of creation. Within there is a lotus of eight petals, a lotus of sixteen petals, and an earth square resembling a temple with four doors.
If you look at the chakra you will see it has 9 separate levels, each of these correspond to a mudra, a yogini, and a specific form of the deity Tripura Sundari along with her mantra. Each of the 9 levels –
- Trailokya Mohana or Bhupara, a square of three lines with four portals
- Sarvasa Paripuraka, a sixteen-petal lotus
- Sarva Sankshobahana, an eight-petal lotus
- Sarva Saubhagyadayaka, composed of fourteen small triangles
- Sarvarthasadhaka, composed of ten small triangles
- Sarva Rakshakara, composed of ten small triangles
- Sarva Rohahara, composed of eight small triangles
- Sarva siddhi prada, composed of 1 small triangle
- Sarvanandamaya, composed of a point or bindu
I have meditated on on this yantra symbol many times and have found it very peaceful and colourful…If you decide to meditate on this occult symbol, let me know how you go..?